This is a 3 degrees per side tapered ball solid carbide end mill. This carbide end mill has a .005 (0.127mm) ball nose cutting tip to give the finest detail possible. These tools can cut very fine detail in wax, but it is very important to slow your travel speed to a minimum of 300 mm per minute and keep the plunge depth to 1mm (.040) or less.
- Solid Carbide
- Cutting Tip: .005 inches (0.127mm) ball
- Length of Cut: .350 inches (9.0mm)
- Included angle: 6 degrees (3 degrees per side!)
- Shank Diameter: 1/8 (3.175mm)
- Tool Length: 1-1/2 inches (38mm)
- Made In USA
Excellent for Cutting:
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making.
- Dimensional signage
- Great for deep profiling
- Miniature mold making
What is a Tapered Ball Nose bit?
Tapered ball nose end mills are the most commonly used tools for CNC carving in wax, wood, plastic, and metals. Their tapered profiles make them much stronger than equivalent straight-wall tools while providing more flute volume for efficient swarf removal in deep, single-pass machining operations.